yup I just had a birthday… whenever I turn another year older, its fun to reflect on the person I’ve become and what I believe in. So I made a list… but it a got a little silly… for your reading pleasure.
1. Being married to your best friend really is as great as it sounds
2. I still don’t own a bed frame. I like to think its because I am trying to be trendy with a low to the ground bed… but its just because I am too cheap to buy one right now
3. I’ve realized avocado really does make any meal taste better
4. I believe going with your gut instinct is still the best way to make a decision
5. Aasics really do make the best running shoe, so its best just to pay extra for it now
6. It makes me a little sad that next year I’ll have to refer to myself as someone in their “late twenties”
7. No money for home decor? No problem. Fresh flowers in a vase can make any room seem brighter
8. There will always be friends who make more money than you do, go on bigger vacations than you do and have nicer things than you do. So don’t try to “keep up with the Jones’s” because you can’t.
9. After watching a marathon of Keeping Up With The Kardashians, my favorite Kardashian is Khloe … hands down
10. Smirnoff Ice comes in a pretty bottle, but has not been enjoyable since I was 19 years old… and will never be again… stay away…
11. A perfect dress is priceless! So invest in them when you find them
12. I have almost accepted that I will never be the same tiny dress size I was in high school
13. Being a bridesmaid is expensive… but so worth it… still… very expensive
14. A party weekend in Vegas has a 3 night limit, for your own good
15. Shellac manicures are worth every penny
16. Spiders, large beetles and moths still freak the hell out of me
17. Napping is healthy! Not to mention awesome
18. Friendships get harder to form the older you get, but the ones you do make are sweeter
19. When I was younger, I couldn’t wait to move away from home, but the older I get the more I want to be closer to family
20. It still amazes me how personal hobbies and extra curricular activities can turn into job opportunities (hello radio!)
21. I have a new appreciation for wedding planners — if you’re engaged, think twice before doing it all yourself!
22. You can never have too many pairs of colored denim pants… or leather boots!
23. Although I now have a Kobo Glo e-reader, I don’t want to part with my books
24. Life will make you pay your dues more than once, so be prepared to prove yourself time and time again
25. Despite my best efforts, I am still addicted to shopping and starbucks… but hey, it could be worse
26. It’s amazing where life can take you if you just keep believing you can get there