Andrew and I travel to Chicago tomorrow to spend the holidays with the Kissmans’! It’s Andrew’s first Christmas with my extended family and he’s in for a real treat. I can’t wait to share all of our holiday traditions with him.
Here are some things I won’t leave home without when we head for the airport tomorrow!
1. A Large Scarf- I grabbed this comfy, warm and large scarf from the Gap this season when I was supposed to be shopping for friends and family… I can’t wait to travel with it because its large enough to double as a blanket.
2. An Agenda- Yes I am one of the those dorks that likes to write down my to do lists and keep track of the day to day even outside the office. This one is from Chapters… I love its little message too! During the holidays I think its important to remember to Keep Calm.
3. My Macbook Pro- Perfect for long layovers or delayed flights (and we just got word Chicago is supposed to get hit with a blizzard tomorrow!). I keep a stock of TV shows (like New Girl and Boardwalk Empire) and movies on this bad boy to keep me company so I don’t get bored and don’t spend all my money on magazines at the airport.
4. Hemp Hand Cream- My favorite hand cream from the Body Shop. Some people don’t like the smell, but I don’t mind it… I actually like its earthy scent!
5. A carry-all tote- I love my purple long champ tote! To tell you the truth, its a fake from Hong Kong! But it’s lasted over the years and perfect for traveling. Everything fits in it and its so cute.
6. My glasses- I am blind as a bat and wear contacts almost every day, but for traveling I prefer to wear glasses. I love my Derek Cardigan glasses from ClearlyContacts.ca.
What are your holiday traveling essentials?